INTERVENTION AND SUPPORT
Following diagnosis, we are able to provide intervention and support if this is required. The available interventions include:
- working with the adult and partner/ spouse/ friend to explain diagnosis and implications of the disorder as well as therapeutic interventions available.
- meeting with the family (including siblings) to explain the diagnosis and implications of the disorder,
- working with parents to instigate behavioural changes at home,
- working with parents to make suitable choices for school placement and to understand the education system,
- liaise with the school to set goals and provide advice on strategy/resources,
- school staff training - tailored to specific requirements, either covering a basic understanding of the condition and relevant management strategies or more advanced teaching for those familiar with ASD.
- provision of advice and support to local teams to implement child specific programmes,
- communication intervention,
- cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT),
- behavioural interventions as well as: All About Me and Narrative Therapy
ADDITIONAL INTERVENTION AND SUPPORT
Interventions are provided on a needs-led basis as required. The estimated number of sessions for the intervention will be agreed prior to the start of any input. We work in a targeted individualised manner addressing specific issues with a focus on affecting positive change. Interventions are charged at a rate of £180.00 per hour.
Training sessions for school staff typically last 3 hours and are charged at a rate of £450.00.
IN BRIEF: INTERVENTION AND SUPPORT
- post-diagnosis education for family members
- psychological interventions
- family support
- advice and guidance regarding schooling
- communication programmes
- behavioural interventions
- post-diagnosis education for staff
- training packages
- strategies for developing social and communication skills
- behavioural support
- second opinions
- feedback on ASD assessments
- ADI-R and ADOS - 2 training
- reliability checks on ADI-R and ADOS-2